1874 - Early Beginnings
It was in La Cote-aux-Fees, a small village in the Swiss part of the Jura, that Georges Edouard Piaget sketched the first strokes of what, decades later was to become an inimitable signature in the world of luxury and fine watchmaking. In 1874, he started his first workshop on the family farm and devoted himself to making high-precision movements that he soon began supplying to the most prestigious brands.
The business developed very quickly. Piaget’s fame spread far beyond the crests of the mountains around Neuchatel, increased by demand from those who already recognized his signature on a movement as a mark of seldom equaled expertise, and his workshop grew. Georges Edouard’s son Tomothee Piaget took over the business in 1911, displaying the same.